Monday, November 19, 2007

turkey trot



howdy howdy folks. greetings from Durham. heidi and i are visiting evette and brooke in their new digs out here. looking forward to a fantabulous turkey day feast, to be complemented by what will hopefully be an excellent pinot noir from emeritus.

before i left, i finished sorting through all the awesome records generously donated to me by scott and meredith. the final outcome: 75 albums to be added, 15 records to be redistributed. what do i mean by redistributed? it means i've already got copies of those albums, so i can give them to other deserving collections. although... now that i think about it, they might be good for my feeble djing! haha! there we go.

that's all for now from the cigarette state. stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

anonant said...

Cool photo Senor Simia,
Is it an appropriation, personal creation, or both?
Have you seen the last few sunrises on your southward journeys?
What is vinyl?
peace

Adelle Caunce said...

Hey you!
Thanks for the posts and the best wishes re the laser surgery.
I won't lie- if I had to do it all over again right now, there'd be no way. It was hell. I was even completely blind for 24 hours because I had to be patched which was... tough. That being said, only 5% of people have this kind of reaction and maybe in a year I'll look back and say it was all worth it. It's been a very, very difficult 3 weeks though and I'm no sissy. 11 years of my spine sliding down the inside of my pelvis, 7 hours of back surgery, week in hospital and a year of recovery have given me a pretty high pain tolerance- but nothing prepares you for having your eyes actively trying to crawl out of their sockets or having your head explode every time a stray bit of light hits your eyes.
There are a couple good clinics in SF, don't worry too much about P-Town (unless they offer you eye surgery with a side of fries. Who can resist fries?)
-A