Saturday, January 31, 2009

Who Needs to Hang Around?


A Period Piece in One Act
(with formatting apologies in advance)


INT. ANYBURB KITCHEN - DAY


JENNY sits behind a small island counter, rolling dice and writing things down, glancing at the printed gaming screen in front of her. JIMMY sits to her left, a few sheets of paper lay in front of him. He looks incredulously at his sister JENNY. DOUG stands to JENNY's right, and doodles on a piece of paper. "Exit... Stage Left" by Rush can be heard in the background.


JIMMY
(appalled)
Jeez sis, I can't believe you're still letting Kyle be in our adventuring party! Just cuz you wanna date him doesn't mean you have to ruin our fun.

JENNY
Jimmy! I do not want to date him! Now that football season is over he doesn't have anything better to do. Plus it helps him with the math I'm tutoring him for.

JIMMY
P'ya right. Why would any guy wanna date you anyway?

DOUG
Dude, your sister is hot!

JENNY/JIMMY
(in unison)
Doug!

JIMMY
That last guy you tutored and stuck in our game only ever stared at your boobs.

JENNY
And that is why Bobby was defenseless when the unicorn gored him to death.

DOUG
That was awesome. Anyway Jimmy, we are a little unbalanced... a halfling illusionist and an elf monk? We totally need a human meatshield.

JENNY
Kyle is not a meatshield, he is a strong and valiant Paladin in the service of Pelor.

JIMMY
Whatever! He totally made me botch my spell last week! We could have escaped!

JENNY
He did not botch your spell... you rolled crappy.

JIMMY
He was blocking my line of sight! My Stinking Cloud would have totally worked!

DOUG
That reminds me, I brought extra Slim Jim's if any one wants some. Oh and your mom said that since Kyle is here, she's making her special nachos.

JIMMY
Her nachos are not special, and why would she care if Kyle was here?

DOUG
Dude, your mom is hot!


INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY


KYLE non-chalantly leans up against a wall outside the kitchen, with a gaming manual in his hand.


KYLE
That's right Mrs. Jorgensen, I do run a 4.4 40.
And I can bench press 255.



2 comments:

anonant said...

CCan I plueeeez be Doug?
peace

SimiaArtifex said...

yes, but that will probably require stunt Slim Jims